Watch the Civil Rights Institute’s Virtual Groundbreaking event Now!
The Civil Rights Institute of Inland Southern California is the marquee component of a 92,000 square foot project that will also provide 72 units of urban workforce housing and a new home for the offices of the for Fair Housing Council of Riverside County.
What's Been Accomplished to Date?
Silent Phase of Fundraising Underway
Development Team Assembled:
- Fair Housing Council of Riverside County
- Wakeland 501(c)(3)
Project Planning and Commitments:
- Site acquired and assembled
- Commitment from the City of Riverside
- Conceptual site and facility planning complete
Conceptual architectural complete
Construction drawings underway
Capital Financing 96% Identified:
- $11 million equity generated by Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- $2 million permanent loan
- $14 million Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities loan
- $ 1.5 million general partners contribution
- $ .7 Fair Housing fund raising
- $ 2.8 million Veterans Housing and Homeless Prevention loan
- $ 3 million City of Riverside loan
Total $ 35 million