The Civil Rights Institute of Inland Southern California is the marquee component of a 92,000 square foot project that will also provide 72 units of urban workforce housing and a new home for the offices of the for Fair Housing Council of Riverside County.
As the voice of civil rights for Inland Southern California, the Institute will:
- Provide public programming and children’s programs focusing on civil rights and the region’s civil rights history
- Program exhibits and performances that support civil rights activities
- House an archive and library of regional civil right materials
- Conduct oral history projects and support the production of civil rights audio and video productions through the media center
- Recognize the region’s civil rights leaders and their impacts
The Civil Rights Institute of Inland Southern California is a charity under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Tax ID number 45-4850970.