The Civil Rights Institute will serve the whole Inland region and be an active center for organizations involved in fostering civil discourse and furthering civil rights. Meeting, incubator, and exhibit space, are planned and the programming will reach the community in many ways.
As the voice of civil rights for Inland Southern California, the Institute will:
- Provide public programming and children’s programs focusing on civil rights and the region’s civil rights history
- Program exhibits and performances that support civil rights activities
- House an archive and library of regional civil right materials
- Conduct oral history projects and support the production of civil rights audio and video productions through the media center
- Recognize the region’s civil rights leaders and their impacts through the Walk of Fame