- This event has passed.
Riverside Asian American Walking Tour – Downtown Edition
May 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$12
Discover Downtown Riverside’s hidden Asian American gems and history. Along the way, you will learn how the city’s first Chinese quarter vanished, how one family’s children helped them prevail in a landmark civil rights’ case, and how the first organized Korean American settlement site came to be in Riverside. Pioneering Asian American immigrants struggled to belong, while maintaining their cultural identities.
- All Sales Final. With the exception of rain, there are no refunds, or exchanges. In the event of rain, tour organizers will reschedule event within 30 days and honor pre-paid tickets.
- No paper tickets. Your name will be on a list at the sign-in table. Check-in is at 9:30 a.m. for a 10:00 a.m. sharp departure. All tour-goers must sign a liability waiver prior to departure. Tour will depart from the Downtown pedestrian mall at Main and 9th Streets. Look for us near the Martin Luther King Jr. statue at Main Street, 4 blocks south of the Convention Center.
- Ample parking in downtown is available and most street parking is free on Saturdays.
- This is approximately a 1-mile loop walk with eight stops in Downtown Riverside. Please dress for the weather, wear comfortable shoes, and bring water.
- The tour is limited to 30 people.
Contact Judy Lee at email@example.com